To dial local numbers from the landline, dial the number straight without the "0361" prefix. To dial local numbers from a mobile, you will need to dial 0361 in front of the number. Our experience has been that most guests prefer to use their own mobile phones for international calls. The IDD prefix from Indonesia is 001.
Major Airline reservation numbers are:
|•||Cathay Pacific||+62 (361) 753 942|
|•||Garuda Indonesia||+62 (361) 270 535|
|•||KLM||+62 (361) 756 124, 756 126
+62 (21) 252 6730/35 (Jakarta)
|•||Qantas||+62 (361) 288 331|
|•||Singapore Airlines||+62 (361) 261 666, 261 669, 768 379|
|•||Qatar||+62 361 752 222, +62 361 9360274|
|•||Thai Airways||+62 (0361) 281-141|
|•||Australian||+62 (361) 235 092||•||Holland||+62 (361) 751 517|
|•||United State||+62 (361) 233 605||•||Finland/ Sweden||+62 (361) 288 407|
|•||New Zealand||+62 (361) 235 092||•||Italy||+62 (361) 701 650|
|•||Japanese||+62 (361) 227 628||•||Spain||+62 (361) 975 736|
|•||France||+62 (361) 285 458||•||Switzerland||+62 (361) 751 735|
There are three excellent golf courses in Bali:
• Bali Nirwana: This is located about 45 minutes up the coast adjacent to the Le Meridien Hotel. Built 4 years ago, this is an excellent sea view course and has a spectacular view of Tanah Lot temple, one of Bali's most sacred sites.
Phone: +62 (361) 244 374
• Nusa Dua: This course is located in Bali's 5 star hotel complex about 35 minutes away. It is beautifully maintained.
Phone: +62 (361) 771 791, 772 49
• Bali Handara: Set in one of Bali's extinct volcanos, this experience is not to be missed provided you can cope with the 3 hour drive to get there. Please note that golf in Bali is expensive for visitors and that advance tee bookings are required.
Phone: +62 (361) 226 46
• Ku De Ta Mediteranean Ph: +62 (361) 736 969. New restaurant, Melbourne-style, expensive but very cool. Try the "Cigar Bar" for a late night drink.
• La Lucciola Italian cuisine on the beach Ph: +62 (361) 730 838 - a Bali institution! The location does not get better, and the food is acceptable.
• The Legian French Haute Cuisine Ph: +62 (361) 730 622 - fine dining in a great setting; hotel prices.
• The Oberoi Seafood and other Ph: +62 (361) 730 361- excellent atmosphere; very refined; beautiful beachside venue.
• The Living Room Mixed Incochina/ Asian Ph: +62 (361) 735 735, 736 736 - a relatively new addition; awesome decour; and food getting better.
• Warisan French cuisine, ricefield view Ph: +62 (361) 731 175 - another Bali institution; the finest non-hotel restaurant.
• Cafe Moka French cafe-style Ph: +62 (361) 731 424 - great for mid-day Capucinos, snacks and good take-aways.
• Warung Made Indonesian cafe-style Ph: +62 (361) 732 130 - the oldest institution in Bali and everyone's there!
• Hana Japanese Ph: +62 (361) 732 778 - good Japanese restaurant and very relaxed atmosphere.
• Fabio’s Italian Ph: +62 (361) 261 232, 730 562 - a bit "mock" grand but otherwise pretty good value - worth a try.
There are of course many other restaurants further a field. For a bit of adventure, try the seafood BBQ's on the beach in Jimbaran or PJ's restaurant at the Four Seasons in Jimbaran. If you are going up to Ubud, you must visit Kupu Kupu Barong restaurant overlooking the gorge, or try any of the restaurants in Amandari, the Four Seasons or The Chedi for spectacular jungle views.
Hospitals and medical services
The emergency local ambulance call out number is +62 (361) 733 301. Alternatively, we have found the best expat-run medical service to be BIMC which is located at Jalan By Pass Ngurah Rai. Phone: +62 (361) 761 263.
Banks and foreign exchange
There are many banks available in Bali, both local and foreign. You will however find that licensed moneychangers normally provide a better foreign exchange rate than banks. From our guest experience, the best rates are available in the moneychangers located around Bintang supermarket in Jalan Legian.
Shopping is great fun in Bali and you should in most cases bargain. As in any tourist destination however, there are sharks aplenty so be careful on quality and price!
There are plenty bakery and delicatesen shops at Jalan Raya seminyak also Jalan Petitenget which only 10 minutes drive.
Bars and Nightclubs
Bali has a great nightlife and there are far too many watering holes to mention here. Our villa just 5-10 minutes from most fashionable streets in South Bali. You might like to try within 10 minutes drive are Jalan Laksamana (you may called Oberoi or Jalan Kayu Aya) and Jalan Petitenget.
Our concierge will give you some advice for hang-out places like Bar and clubs near our villa.
The nearest beach is at Legian, whilst great for watching, with white sand and excellent surf, can be dangerous and you are strongly advised to take notice of the flags on display. The beach can be accessed by: (1) Walking through The Legian hotel - this is not strictly permitted for non-hotel guests, but an occasional drink at the hotel bar normally works well. (2) Through Ku De Ta restaurant public road (turn left on the main road and walk for 3 minutes). (3) Through La Luciolla restaurant (turn right on the main road and walk for 4 minutes).The nearest beach is at Legian, whilst great for watching, with white sand and excellent surf, can be dangerous and you are strongly advised to take notice of the flags on display. The beach can be accessed by: (1) Walking through The Legian hotel - this is not strictly permitted for non-hotel guests, but an occasional drink at the hotel bar normally works well. (2) Through Ku De Ta restaurant public road (turn left on the main road and walk for 3 minutes). (3) Through La Luciolla restaurant (turn right on the main road and walk for 4 minutes).
Rainy weather and flooding
Bali' s monsoon season should runs from November to April and, whilst it is rare that it rains throughout the day, some of the downpours can be quite fierce. But nowdays, the weather is unpredictable, you my check with google with key words "Bali weather, Kuta weather.
As with all properties in Bali, minor flooding can occur both in the garden and in the exposed hallways. Whilst this is quickly cleared up by the staff, please exercise caution on wet floors as they can be very slippery. During rain showers, you will find a supply of umbrellas in each building which you can use to go between the various buildings.